Saturday, September 29, 2007

Sandwalk: Danger on the Southern Border

Sandwalk: Danger on the Southern Border

This seems to be pretty close to my uncle's farm in Northwest Minnesota, when I look at the map on Google and expand it to display the border. He has land that is on the border and when we went up to that particular quarter-section we would have fun hopping back and forth between the United States and Canada. It hasn't changed much, and we could still do it. I don't because I made a stupid mistake 7 years ago, and because of my record I have to wait until 2011 to get back into Canada. I just don't want to risk being able to go back to Winnipeg occasionally by getting caught sneaking into Canada.

There is a great deal of social interaction between the Manitobans and the Minnesotans (I am proud to say that I have a pair of Canadian half-cousins.) It is true, though, if anyone wanted to get into Canada, there are vast open spaces from the Lake of the Woods to Vancouver through which to sneak.

And Gerald, don't you think you are being a bit grandiose, and playing up the persecution a bit too much? You really are starting to sound like a crank.

No comments: